Prior to cPanel installation, it’s essential to take two additional steps –
- Ensure that you have Perl installed on the server –
- Next, you need to check that the server on which cPanel is installed has a Fully Qualified Domain Name. So you need to give a valid hostname to the server. If you avoid this step you will surely get the error as below –
But this error has a simple solution. If there’s FQDN, you can type it in with the command below –
Or if you want to proceed with the cPanel installation skipping the above step and also still don’t have the hostname, a temporary one will do. After the cPanel is installed, you can change the hostname to correct one on one of the pages of the first setup.
Steps for cPanel Installation –
- Install screen and wget –
- After the installation of the screen, start a new session running:
- After the screen opens, proceed to install cPanel with WHM or a DNS only version of cPanel. Use the below command to install cPanel with WHM:
- To install the DNS only version of cPanel run the command –
- Go ahead and start the script as below, with the requested package downloaded –
- Close out of the screen as the script will continue running till one to two hours in the background.
For detaching screen type:
For reattaching to your screen use the command:
- Once cPanel is installed finally, you can access the login by going to your IP address:2087 (eg. 220.127.116.118:1234) or domain (example.com:1234)
Your login will be:
Once you login successfully, it’s finally done! Now login in at ipaddress/cpanel or domain/cpanel.